Home News Local News Film residency cards issued by state agencies

Film residency cards issued by state agencies


Copyright © 2021 Roswell Daily Record

The New Mexico Film Office and the New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department are issuing residency cards to New Mexicans.

People interested can provide documentation requested on the current Declaration of Residency (such as a New Mexico driver’s license or a utility bill), and the state Taxation and Revenue Department will verify residency and proof of taxpayer status. New Mexico residents in the film and television industry then will be issued a card valid for one year.
State officials said the process will aid residents in obtaining work while also helping film and television production teams.

“We’re committed to making the system as friendly as possible for New Mexico’s taxpayers,” said John Monforte, acting cabinet secretary at the Taxation and Revenue Department. “This is just one more way we can improve the system and make New Mexico an easier place to find work.”
The application process is available at tax.newmexico.gov.
The Taxation and Revenue Department also will help with applications at the annual New Mexico Film and Media conference in Albuquerque Aug. 25 and Aug. 26. Information about the conference is online at nmfilm.com.

Previous articleUkie “JR” Watts
Next articleCivil rights group criticizes ICE presence at checkpoint