RPD investigates drive-by shooting

0

Copyright © 2021 Roswell Daily Record

A middle-aged man was flown to a medical center in stable condition after a drive-by shooting in east Roswell Monday evening.

According to the Roswell Police Department’s public information officer, Todd Wildermuth, the shooting is believed to have occurred in the 1000 block of East Bland Street at about 5 p.m. Monday.

Portions of traffic for both East Bland and South Cottonwood Avenue, just west of Nancy Lopez Elementary, were closed off for RPD investigators.

While the incident remains under investigation, police said the victim, a man approximately 40 years old, was found in the 500 block of Cottonwood Avenue immediately following the shooting.

The victim was soon taken to a local hospital, police said.

Support Local Journalism
Subscribe to the Roswell Daily Record today.

Authorities later updated the Daily Record at 7:30 p.m. Monday, stating that the victim had been flown to another hospital, but in stable condition.

As of 8:30 p.m., the RPD said investigators are still searching and have not identified any suspects related to the shooting.

Multimedia-Crime reporter Trevier Gonzalez can be reached at 575-622-7710, ext. 301, or at breakingnews@rdrnews.com.

Previous articleArtesia home displays Nativity
Next articleGroup offers to take charge of cemetery