Home News Local News Fire in switch box quickly extinguished

Fire in switch box quickly extinguished

0
Lisa Dunlap Photo Roswell Fire Department crews respond Thursday morning at 10:23 a.m. to a fire call at the Chaves County Administrative Center, 1 St. Mary’s Place. A fire in a switch box in the ceiling that also affected a heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit was quickly extinguished and the monthly meeting of the Chaves County Board of Commissioners was able to resume after about 17 minutes. The commission chambers had been evacuated. No flames or smoke were visible, but a burning odor had been detected by county staff.

Copyright © 2021 Roswell Daily Record

Previous articleMarcelino V Campos
Next articleStreet work to close portion of East Country Club
Lisa Dunlap is a general assignment reporter for the Roswell Daily Record.