Home News Local News Man arrested following Saturday police chase

Man arrested following Saturday police chase


Copyright © 2021 Roswell Daily Record

A local man faces criminal charges after allegedly leading Roswell police on a vehicle and foot chase.

Court documents state Manual Delarosa, 27, was arrested Saturday after midnight for improper display of registration; no insurance; aggravated fleeing a law enforcement officer; and resisting, evading or obstructing an officer. No attorney was listed in court documents as representing Delarosa as of press time Thursday.

The pursuit began at the intersection of Mathews and Main streets after an officer spotted a white Honda with an expired registration.

Court filings state the Honda then turned left and headed north on Main Street shortly before the police vehicle’s emergency lights were activated to conduct a stop on the Honda.

As it gained speed, the Honda turned into a gas station parking lot at the corner of Bland and Main streets, before heading onto Main Street and then west onto Albuquerque Street.

Support Local Journalism
Subscribe to the Roswell Daily Record today.

The vehicle accelerated and allegedly ran a stop sign at the intersection of Albuquerque Street and Richardson Avenue, nearly colliding with a southbound vehicle that slammed on its brakes to avoid an accident, according to court records.

Continuing west at a high speed, the Honda went airborne after hitting a dip at the intersection of Albuquerque Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. The Honda landed and crashed into a curb in front of a 300 block of West Albuquerque Street residence. Court records state a man emerged from the driver’s side of the vehicle and headed south on foot.

Officers, according to court records, later found Delarosa hiding in some bushes south of a 700 block of South Lea Avenue residence.

Delarosa was wanted on two outstanding arrest warrants for failure to comply with conditions of probation and failure to pay fines.

Electronic court records state that on Monday, Judge K.C. Rogers set Delarosa’s bond at $5,000 cash or surety during an appearance in Chaves County Magistrate Court.

Breaking news reporter Alex Ross can be reached at 575-622-7710, ext. 301, or breakingnews@rdrnews.com.

Previous articlePrize wheel spins for those vaccinated at local event
Next articleDudek dedicates 26 years to Leadership Roswell