Home News Local News State Police: Local boy has been found

State Police: Local boy has been found

0

Copyright © 2021 Roswell Daily Record

A boy from Roswell originally reported missing in January 2020 following the murder of his mother has been located and is safe, according to a New Mexico State Police announcement Tuesday.

The State Police referred all questions to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, but a representative of the agency declined to comment.

“At this time, the FBI is not commenting on this case,” said Public Affairs Specialist Frank Fisher.

Roswell Police Department spokesperson Todd Wildermuth indicated that all information about the case must come from the FBI.

An Amber Alert for the boy had been issued by State Police on Jan. 7, 2020, when authorities indicated that he might have been abducted by his father, Jorge Rico-Ruvira, 33, a citizen of Mexico. The boy was 3 at the time.

Support Local Journalism
Subscribe to the Roswell Daily Record today.

No updated information was available by press time on Jorge Rico-Ruvira, whom authorities had said in January 2020 could possibly have abducted his son. (Submitted Photo)

Authorities also considered Rico-Ruvira responsible for the murder of 27-year-old Isela Mauricio-Sanchez, the boy’s mother and the man’s girlfriend.

She had been found strangled to death in her home on Jan. 7 on East Forest Street in Roswell, local police indicated at the time.

Federal and state district court arrest warrants were issued for Rico-Ruvira shortly after the woman’s body was found. According to information released by the FBI, he was charged with first-degree murder and with unlawful flight to avoid prosecution or giving testimony.

Previous articleState reports 2,433 cases of COVID-19 in 4 days
Next articleJOY Center trunk or treat starts Halloween events in Roswell