The privacy of our website’s visitors is important to us.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or use a shopping cart.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Our website rdrnews.com like most websites may employ third-party analytics and advertiser services, such as those of Google Analytics, and AdSense on our website, and we do not control the operation of any of them. These third-party services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, web server logs, and similar technologies to collect information. The information collected is of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site, and which pages you visited throughout our site.
The third-party cookies which may be set include:
- We also may use DART cookies for ad serving through Google’s DoubleClick, which places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing the web and visit a site using DoubleClick advertising (including some Google AdSense advertisements). This cookie is used to serve ads specific to you and your interests (” interest based targeting”). The ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history (For example, if you have been viewing sites about visiting Hawaii, you may see Hawaii hotel advertisements when viewing a non-related site, such as on a site about sports). DART uses “non-personally identifiable information.” It does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers, or credit card numbers.
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites.
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
Returns Ecwid e-commerce store
Return claims on shipped goods must be made within 30 days.
No Returns/Refunds on digital products.
Refunds on services rdrnews.com
Even If I cancel early, can I get a partial refund?
No, rdrnews.com does not give full or partial reimbursements, even if you cancel only a day into your next cycle. But, if you do decide to cancel, the account will remain active until the paid time remaining expires, before permanently canceling the account.
Why do you not give refunds?
To keep users from abusing the system of creating a false subscription, to read or post comments to a current event, and then terminating their subscription.
Can I turn off the Auto-Renewal?
When subscribing to rdrnews.com you are agreeing to the auto bill and your card will be billed at the intervals you have selected.
“Example you choose 3 months, therefore your card will be bill automatically every 3 months.
“You can turn off this feature by canceling your account by notifying firstname.lastname@example.org and visiting PayPal and turn off authorized payment for Roswell Daily Record. The account will remain active until the expiration date at which time you will need to renew your account to continue reading.”
Terms and conditions of website use
rdrnews.com Guidelines; Copyright, Online Privacy, and Child-Protection Policies
rdrnews.com is a World Wide Web site of the Roswell Daily Record newspaper at 2310 North Main St., New Mexico, 88201. RDRnews.com may be reached by e-mail at email@example.com and by telephone at (575) 622-7710.
rdrnews.com includes highlights of the print editions of the Roswell Daily Record. Not every story that appears in the newspaper is online. Some stories online do not appear in the printed newspaper.
rdrnews.com agrees to provide you with information and other services subject to these guidelines and conditions of use. You agree to use our service in accordance with these guidelines. From time to time, we may need to change these guidelines, in which case revisions will be posted on the Web site. By continuing to use rdrnews.com after we post any such changes, you acknowledge the guidelines and conditions of use, as modified.
This site does not target children under age 13 and does not collect personal information about individuals except when voluntarily provided by such individuals during registration.
The following additional terms, which can be accessed from the home page of our site, will also apply to your use of our site:
Information about us
We may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to these terms and our site, and access to our site
We may update our site from time to time and change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site or any content on it will be free from errors or omissions.
We do not guarantee that our site or any content on it will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
We recommend products and services through links on which we may receive a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through our links. In fact, we oftentimes negotiate a lower rate not available elsewhere. You will also be supporting our site, thank you. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The Roswell Daily Record provides this Website for your personal enjoyment, information, education, communication, and share through social media.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it or distributed through our mailing list. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us.
You should assume that everything you see on the site is copyrighted, including material from The Associated Press. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost or use the content of the site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video, without the written permission of the Roswell Daily Record and other copyright owners.
Text, photos, graphics, audio, and/or video material from The Associated Press shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication, or redistributed directly or indirectly on any medium. Neither these AP materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use.
Browse this site as well as others sites linked to rdrnews.com at your own risk. The Roswell Daily Record assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the site for your downloading of any data, text, images, video or audio from the site or any other site to which you might link from rdrnews.com.
Roswell Daily Record and Roswell Daily Record (Stylized) are registered trademarks of Roswell Daily Record, Inc. (U.S. Trademark Registration Nos. 5,275,682 and 5,275,682).
Requests for permission to reprint, copy or distribute material from this site must be obtained in writing to the Roswell Daily Record. More information is available by calling (575) 622-7710.
Linking to Our Site
You may link to our website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part where none exists. Our site must not be framed on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If you wish to make any use of the content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us using our contact form.
The Company provides a number of free services from its site, such as newsletters, etc. There is no contract with the Company for any free service, so no user can become a client by using any free service, and we are not liable to any user in any way resulting from the use of any free service.
Limitation of liability
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties, or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete, or up-to-date.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations, or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- If you are a business user, please note that, in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill, or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data, or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as an endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods by use to you, which are set out in our terms and conditions of supply.
This clause survives termination or expiry of our agreement.
For Legal and other purposes
We may access, preserve and disclose information to investigate, prevent, or take action in connection with:
• legal process and legal requests
• enforcement of terms
• claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties
• requests for customer Service(s)
• protecting the rights, property, or personal safety of RDR, its users
• establishing or exercising our legal rights or defending against legal claims or as otherwise required by law
• This may include responding to lawful governmental requests.
Customer Relations and Choice of Law and Forum
All disputes involving this website must be brought to the state courts of New Mexico.
The use of this website is pursuant to stated guidelines. All disputes and questions with respect thereto will be determined by the laws of the State of New Mexico applicable to contracts entered into and wholly to be performed within the said state without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. Both parties hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction of the State of New Mexico, acknowledge that the venue is proper in any state court or Federal court in the State of New Mexico, agree that any action related to this Agreement must be brought in a state or Federal court in the State of New Mexico, and waive any objection it has or may have in the future with respect to any of the foregoing.
For more information about this site, please contact the Roswell Daily Record at (575)622-7710 or email email@example.com.
We – The Roswell Daily Record – regard your privacy as important. Information we collect from you, where you choose to provide it to us, enables us to send you information about products and services in which you register an interest. By providing us with your information you consent to us processing it for this purpose. By visiting our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- The information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site(s) Ecwid e-commerce store and rdrnews.com (our main site) or by corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you contact us or sign up for any regular newsletter, information services, web forum, or consultancy, search for a product, place an order on our site and when you report a problem with our site, or otherwise contact us. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site, we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type, and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including the date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, lengths of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, any phone number used to call our customer service number if you linked to our site from another website, the address of that website, and, if you linked to the site from a search engine, the address of that search engine and the search term you used.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other website we operate or other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
- The information you give to us. We will use this information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products, and services you request from us, to notify you about changes to or to make suggestions and recommendations that may interest you about our range of products or services, or to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
How we share your information
The information we collect from you may be transferred in connection with operating our business, including to our related companies. It may also be processed by these companies and/or by our and their respective employees and service providers. By submitting personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing of your personal data by us.
How we store your information
We may store your information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities which we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers. It is possible that some of the information about you that we hold may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (’EEA’) which may not provide the same level of protection as within the EEA. It may also be processed by personnel operating outside the EEA who work for us, one of our service providers, or someone else. Any such transfers of personal data outside the EEA will comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing, or processing.
We retain your personal data for so long as is necessary with regard to the purposes for which it was collected or lawfully further processed, or for so long as may be necessary for light of our legal obligations.
Keeping your information safe
While we take these steps to maintain the security of your information, you should be aware of the many information security risks that exist and take appropriate care to help safeguard your information. The nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to us electronically, and any transmission is at your own risk. We store the information you provide to us on secure servers and deploy appropriate technical and organizational security measures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data to try to prevent unauthorized access or loss.
You may revoke your consent to the processing of your data at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may ask us at any time for information about any personal data we hold about you or ask us to correct or delete that information. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Our site does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen. A parent, however, may consent to the collection and use of a child’s personal information without consenting to the disclosure of that same information to third parties.
We do not condition a child’s participation in any activity on this website on disclosure of more personally identifiable information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the activity such as Newspapers In Education contests and projects. A parent may review and have deleted the child’s personal information and refuse to permit further collection and use.
Prior parental consent is not required for RDRnews.com to accept personal information from a child for the sole purpose of directly responding on a one-time basis to a specific online request.
Any contact information obtained from a child in response to such a one-time request will be deleted from RDRnews.com records and will not be used to recontact the child. Such information will be not be posted or published by RDRnews.com, nor provided to third parties, without prior parental consent.
If we are notified that we have inadvertently received personal information from a child we will delete such information from our records.
Your California Privacy Rights/notice for California residents
California residents who have provided personal information to RDRNEWS.COM may obtain information regarding RDRNEWS.COM’s disclosures if any, of personal information to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes. Requests must be submitted to the following address:
Roswell Daily Record
2301 North Main Street
Roswell, NM 88201
Attn.: SaraLei Fajardo, Privacy Officer.
Within 30 days of receiving such a request, we will provide a California Privacy Disclosure, which will include a list of certain categories of personal information disclosed during the preceding calendar year to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, along with the names and addresses of the third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this paragraph.